rharvey wrote:

> so do I need to setup a mx record on my linux box or have my provider set
> this up correctly on their dns ?

Robert -

It looks like you have an MX record already. Your MX record points to a
machine called "server1.rdcomputersolutions.net".

The problem is that there is no A (address) record for
server1.rdcomputersolutions.net. So when someone tries to send mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], their mail system first does an MX record
lookup and finds out "to send e-mail to someone at
rdcomputersolutions.net, you must send it to the machine
server1.rdcomputersolutions.net". Then, it does an A record lookup on
server1.rdcomputersolutions.net to get its IP address, but since there
is no A record, the mail software can't get the IP address, so it can't
send the mail.

At this point, the simplest route is probably to ask the person handling
your DNS to add an A record for server1.rdcomputersolutions.net or, if
that's not the machine where you want your mail going, to change the MX
record to point to the proper machine.

- Jeff