From: /dev/null [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 8:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] 486 DX?

Hello all,  I have an old 486 DX that hasn't been a part of my network,
mainly because I always considered it to slow for practical use.

I'm thinking about installing Linux and using it as a workhorse: proxy,
ftp/web/news server, and it will need to share drives with a NT (gag)
network.

Am I expecting too much?  Will it be super slow?  Any advice on how to make
it as fast as possible?

Thanks!