Mr. Woods Thank you very much for replying to my post.

port 139 I was leaving open for samba. I use samba so that I can download
stuff straight from the internet to my linux box from my Win2K box. (At
least I was back when my win2K box could connect to the internet).  As for
port 6000 I may want to close that up you're right but right now I more
concerned with removing security than adding anything.  I am trying to
remove everything that stupide Firewall GUI added.  If u look at my
original post you'll see I've flushed my iptables and removed any file
beginning with rc.firewall* from my rc.d directory.  And obviously before
I took any of those measures I went through the firewall GUI itself and
undid as much as possible.  You're right I need someone who knows what the
f#$k the 'Tiny Firewall' GUI does, I'm finding that impossible.  I even
paid $15 for an expert to answer this question at MandrakeExpert.com.  The
response I got was totally useless some guy that clearly didn't read my
post clearly simply told me to turn off my firewall and then told me how
to close off all the ports I listed as open via the nmap -v my_ip snapshot
prior to this debacle...

Trust me I'll never use a GUI app in Linux again (I've already learned the
hard way that RPM's were the brain child of Lucifer...)

If anyone out there knows anything about how the specifics of what the
'Tiny Firewall' app does, I would highly appreciate your input relating to
my problem

Thank you