Mark Weaver wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:17:50 -0500
> Mike Rambo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> thoughtfully uttered these words to
> ponder:
>

> > Any idea where it all falls apart?
> >
> > I set up another mdk8.1 box yesterday and, after seeing your message,
> > paid pretty close attention to what I did in getting my visor to sync
> > with jpilot. FWIW, at this point I'm still working with the default
> > 'out of the box' install though I will soon add all the security
> > updates on this box.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> here's the message I'm getting in J-Pilot when trying to hot-sync;

>  Syncing on device /dev/visor
>  Press the HotSync button now
> pi_bind Invalid argument
> Check your serial port and settings
> If you use a USB pilot press the Hotsync
>  button before and repush the button Sync
> exiting with status -10
>
> I'm not quite sure what to make of this. But the info you've posted is
> awesome and I really appreciate you taking the time to help scratch my
> brain on this one.
>
> --
> daRcmaTTeR

It's telling you it can't find a visor on the port at /dev/visor - this
is the error I had before I shut down devfs and configured things as I
indicated in previous posts. You'll also see this error if you start the
sync in jpilot very much before pressing the hot sync button on the
cradle. I'm at a loss for any further suggestions other than that you
try to come up with another box somewhere so you can eliminate hardware
problems (which is probably a long shot anyway).

--
Mike Rambo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]