On Monday 25 February 2002 06:06, Daniel Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>   After adding the alias to modules.conf and running modprobe, I get the
> error ,"can't locate module aha152x".The module does exist,so I guess the
> card is not being seen.You mentioned using a different card,is there a
> better one that will work with this scanner,same connectors and everything?
>
> > modprobe aha152x
> >  alias aha152x io=0x140,irq=10,id=7 (or) aha152x=0x240,10,7 etc...
> > or in lilo.conf
> > append="aha152x=0x140,11,7 or ...

 I've just gone through a similar situation with an AVA-1505 card.  It uses
ioport 0x340 and irq 10 (or 11, can't remember just now).  Try this at the
command line, as root:
modprobe aha152x io=0x340 irq=10   (try 11 if 10 doesn't work).

  On my AVA-1505 card, the above works and "lsmod" shows that the module is
loaded.  If I then do a "modprobe sr_mod", I get to use my SCSI cdrom.

  I automate the loading of the kernel modules, by putting the two modprobe
lines as the last two lines in /etc/rc.local.  That is the only way I've
managed to get them to work; specifically, they won't work from an initrd.
But I'm going to try the "append="aha152x=....." route next and see what
happens.

  This SCSI card was not picked up by the installer for Mandrake 8.2 beta 2,
nor did the installer allow me to manually configure the card.   A
post-install manual configuration is the only way that works.

--
Cheers,
Rob