On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 22:47, J. Craig Woods wrote:
> Ric Tibbetts wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations. For the home user, the cost of ownership of Mandrake
> > has exceeded the cost of Win2k. And you can't even go down to the local
> > software store and buy a game for it. Or a business accounting package,
> > or a decent CD Label Printing Package. or....
> >
> > Ok, yep, I'll keep running it, because I like it. I'm just disgruntled.
> >
> > If you all want to turn on the jets, and flame me for it, fine. I just
> > felt the need to share a few points that just fry me from time to time.
> > Thanks for listening.
> >
> > JMHO-YMMV
> >
> > Ric
> >

> OK, Ric, you had your bitch. Do you feel any better? I must say you are
> mostly right but, what the hell, welcome to the world of Linux...

I've been with Linux a long time. And I'll continue to stay. I break out
in a rash every time I need to walk up to a Windows box.

Sometimes "junk" just builds up, and ya gotta dump it somewhere.

And for the record:
I don't begrudge Mandrake the right to make their money. We all help to
that end when we buy the boxed sets. What got my goat was when they
started looking for hand-outs on top of what they already get for paid
support, and purchases of boxed sets. It looks like buying the boxed set
is no longer enough, but we all have to "join the club" as well.
I charge my customers too. But only once.

But enough ranting. Sorry for disturbing everyone. I'll crawl back into
my cave now.

And yeah, I feel better now. Thanks.
(gotta lay off that late night coffee...;)

Ric