On Sunday 24 November 2002 10:46 pm, Larry Sword wrote:
> Have you ensured that you have apmd program installed?
>
> man apm
> man apmd

apmd won't work on newer ACPI systems, and I seem to recall that ACPI
support is not compiled into the kernel by default (at least not on
Mandrake distributions).   You could search the linux-kernel mailing
lists archives (http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/) or
groups.google.com for more details.

--
Thomas K. Gamble