On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:34 am, Mark Weaver wrote:
> > I see there is still no regular update to Samba to fix the very nasty 2gb
> > file limit. So, I checked cooker.  There -is- one in there, but the
> > cooker packages won't install on a 9.0 machine!  I'm getting endless
> > dependencies.  What's up with this?  Is it possible to ask for an update
> > to at least the 9.0 samba packages to fix this problem? Thanks.

[SNIP]

> just how long is that list of dependencies? it might be worth it to you
> to satisfy them if you can get past the 2GB file limit.

This *usually* works on cooker releases earlier in the cycle (i.e. just after
the main release), but I wouldn't really recommend it, unless you have a test
box.
What I try to do is get the cooker source .rpm and rebuild it on your system
(rpm --rebuild xxx.src.rpm). Yes, you might still have to go off and get some
dependent stuff, (and maybe build that too!!) and you'll almost certainly
have to install some developer packages, but you'll end up with new packages
built for your system ....

hth
--
 john in sydney
 Mandrake Linux 9.0, Kernel version: 2.4.19-16mdk