On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 00:19:24 +0000, you wrote:

>in the hpt bios I noticed some strange config. WD80GB can be set upto
>UDMA2 only. DTLA 60GB can be set upto UDMA5 max, DTLA 10GB can be set
>upto UDMA2 max.  So it seems strange that the WD can not go upto a
>faster speed as its ata100 hpt etc.

The UDMA setting is controlled by the manufacturer's software utility.
I don't work with WD drives but I'll bet yours is set to UDMA2. Go to
WD's Web site and there is probably a utility you can download to
change the UDMA setting.

IBM's utility runs under PCDOS on a single boot floppy.

Steve
Stephen B. Browne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Veritas odit moras"