On Monday July 7 2003 01:44 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Tom, I don't even have those CDs anymore - they were 4 CD's of
> the "Lord Of The Rings" that he ripped. I eventually bought the
> store version and threw them away. TBH, since I've thrown them
> away, I can't remember if they were "true" 800 meg CDs or 700
> meggers jam-packed full. I know he (my brother) said they had 800
> megs each on them. I'll ask him the next time I see him.

   A 700 mb CDr has two sizes. 80 minutes, and 700mb.  Only time
minutes is important is audio images. I often burn way over 800
mb's of wav's to a CDr, but the time needs to be just under 80
minutes of playing time to make the CDr stable on cheap junk CD
players. Movies OTOH don't go by minutes, they need to fit 'data
wise' in MB's on a CDr. Guess I'll just keep re-encoding the 'too
big' ones ;)