Thanks for the reply!

I've removed the 0 byte file, and I've also removed the proftpd version I
had.  I then typed "urpmi proftpd" but got this reply:
"no package named proftpd"

Where do I get Mandrake's version?  I went to both my 2nd and 3rd CD.. the
3rd CD has the "anonymous ftpd" version, but it won't let me install that
without the original ftpd version.  I loaded the 2nd CD but for some
reason I can't see past the RPM's that start with the letter "g"

Where can I download the latest mandrake proftpd rpm?

Thanks again for your help!

james