On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:05 pm, many eyes noted that Eduardo Mendes wrote:
> Hello
>
> I was silly enough to use Partition Magic 8.0 to resize my entire linux
> hard disk (windows is in another hard disk).  The resizing-moving went fine
> as far as Partition Magic 8.0 is concerned. On Xp I can see the contents of
> all linux partitions using explore2fs.  However when I try to boot my
> 9,2rc1 the system returns a message about failure when mounting /dev/hdb6
> (swap) and /dev/hdb7 (/home).   I tried e2fsck -b 8193 but no avail.
>
> My plan was to increase swap (from 136 MB to 1 Gb - My pc has 512 MB of
> RAM) and to shrink /var and resize /home.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Ed

I suppose that you require so much swap because you do a great deal with huge
graphics and DVD and such. Otherwise I wonder why?

I have used Partition magic 7.0 before I felt I was willing to risk diskdrake,
but have not used it since. Unfortunately, unless PM 8 is more capable that
PM 7 It does not recognize and partition other than ext2 FAT FAT32 and NTFS
if you partitioned anything else, then you might have broken your Linux
partitions irreparably :-(

On the bright side I could be wrong. I have only ever made a new ext2fs
partition with PM 7, but formatted it and everything else with whatever
partitioning tool that came with the distro. Except Debian. It uses something
that has some bug writeup from which I had a bit of trouble recovering, and
that I never used again. I now use diskdrake exclusively.

Hope I am wrong.

Charlie.

--
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do children of men as a whole

Helen Keller

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1Beta