On Sunday 19 October 2003 07:22 am, Thomas Backlund wrote:
> From: "Praedor Atrebates" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >I have been trying to get kismet, the wlan sniffer, to work with my
> > orinoco
[...]
> for MDK 9.1 the update kernel is 2.4.21-0.25mdk wich carries orinoco 0.13c
>
> for MDK 9.2 we hav the latest orinoco, and that sniffer patch will be in my
> next kernel-tmb in contribs...

Great (and I also now see where the kernel-tmb comes from...I hadn't been
paying much attention).  As for the 2.4.21-0.25mdk kernel, I cannot get that
kernel, or any kernel beyond 0.13mdk, to work on my laptop after I rebuild
it.  I build my own kernel every time because I include some of the
grsecurity stuff that is not included in the default kernel.  Whereas I have
no problems at all with the 2.4.21-0.13mdk kernel, if I try any subsequent
kernel, it panics at bootup.  Every time and no matter what I do.

My laptop is an IBM Thinkpad 1412 celeron 366.  I haven't tried the binary
kernels beyond 0.13mdk though - they aren't really useful to me unless I can
build them with some grsecurity items.

praedor

--
Faith is the very antithesis of reason, injudiciousness a critical component
of spiritual devotion.