I purchased the CDs from Mandrake and await their arrival before I do
anything.  I COULD download the isos at work, transfer the files to my
desktop (crossover cable) and burn the CDs but part of me wants to wait for
the official CDs.  I am hoping that the final release CDs that I get will
contain fixes/updates that were available shortly after the release online of
9.2.

Is this wasted hope?  Will the official, public release be no different than
the already available distro online or will it contain updates/fixes?  I have
downloaded all the current update rpms so that they would be available as
needed immediately after install but if I could just go with the official CDs
then I could free up a lot of HDD space and delete the rpms.

praedor

On Thursday 06 November 2003 10:13 am, Franki wrote:
> Gary Hodder wrote:

> >>Actually,  if you look around, you can find copies of 9.2 online
> >> already..
> >>
> >>I just downloaded the 3 CD's from an Australian server and the Md5's
> >>match up with the release version (not RC2).
> >>
> >>so it is out there...
> >>
> >>A quick seach on google showed a couple of other sites with it as well.
> >>

> >>rgds
> >>
> >>Franki
> >
> > I just finished downloading the first cd from ausgamers, the iso was
> > 667mb and the iso was full of rubbish. That was a days waisted download.
>
> I got them from here:
>
> http://mirror.wa.3fl.net/pub/mandrake/9.2/
>
> checked the md5's and installed, all went good.
>
> rgds
>
> Frank

- --
"Our ship is in the hands of pilots who are steering directly under full sail
for a rock.  The whole crew may see this course to violate our liberties in
full view if they look the right way."
- --Samuel Adams, 1771