On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:45 am, many eyes noted that Franki wrote:
> Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:
> > Hi List!
> >
> > I'm looking for recommendations of hard/soft modem for Mandrake Linux
> > 9.1.  A link would help a lot also.
> >
> > I had problems with Lucent and Pctel (softmodem).
> >
> > Any suggestion?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> Well, any external serial modem is good to go..  and probably your best
> option..
>
> but having said that, I've had very good results with conextant
> winmodems.. there are mandrake rpm's available for them off the net.
>
> rgds
>
> Franki

I use a Maestro external voice modem and have done for a several of years,
long before I discovered Linux. It does everything except make the coffee. It
is the best thing since computers.

Charlie

--
This world
Is but

- Ikkyu (1394-1481)

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1.0