--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is a key point. Whatever mistakes M may have made in his
personal or
> managerial life don't invalidate the benefits of TM. Conversely, the
> effectiveness of TM doesn't necessarily imply that M is faultless.
>
> ---I think we could all forgive Maharishi any sort of wrong except
that what we really don't much like is the hubris. If he was humble in
the slightest that weakness would be near and dear. How often do gurus
apologize for their shortcomings?  Same as for American presidents.
Tthat tact was taken however by the most cherished of all presidents -
Kennedy - and it earned him great kudos in popularity. But only the
truely great are so sure of themselves that they can afford to be seen
as human without losing self respect. Or so humble as to take the
chance on the people that they are supposedly serving. To be trusted
one must trust. Otherwise who is one fooling really?

I've always thought that the most disturbing or hope crushing thing
that Maharishi has done it to take the devotional impulse (and the
innocent desire to help) of teachers and use it against them. I
thought that it was important not to use other peoples ignorance or
lack of knowledge against them.

JohnY