On Oct 5, 2007, at 1:11 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

I enjoy reading your posts but I gotta say, I was "vastly
disappointed" in this one.  It had nothing to do with what Turq wrote,
or the sentiments he expressed.  It was all your stuff, an unpleasant,
judgmental rant, attempting to make your own personal life choices the
"right way to be".

You nailed it, Curtis. When I read the first of Edg's many rants on Barry's cheatin' ways, I thought it was a parody. "Wow, Edg sure knows how to write good satire!" was my first reaction. And then when I realized he was actually serious, I couldn't believe it.

"take this attitude merely a step more> towards evil,and you've got a
pedophile saying his targets "love the> sensual intimacy" and that
that pleasure is enough to justify rape."

This reference was a deceptive dirty trick and reveals a profound lack
of understanding of this crime.  It was inappropriately applied as a
shame tactic.  Putting his behavior on an imaginary continuum of sex
crimes was unjustified and ugly.

That 25 year old barmaid could be had by just about anyone who
targeted her with the right tools -- lies and money would do for
starters. "

This line drips with condescension toward young women

Bingo. Edg must be reading from the same manual as Rick about how damsels in distress need rescuing from relationships of their own choosing.

Sal