"others extol the fun of one-night-stands"

Who was doing this?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <snip>
>   Bingo.  Edg must be reading from the same manual as Rick about how
> damsels in distress need rescuing from relationships of their own
> choosing.
> Sal
>
>   Bronte writes;
>   I meant to add in my other post that I am with Edg on his desire
to protect young girls from the dangers. No, Sal, they aren't always
"relationships of their own choosing." A lot of what Edg said was
right on. If more men took his attitude, innocense would be much safer
in this world. He just went too far in calling telling Turq he was a
predator.

>   Another thought on all this. Edg sings the joys of being really
intimate with one person while others extol the fun of
one-night-stands. Maybe what's right for one isn't what right's for
another person -- different needs from relationships, sex, etc. It's
great to share one's perspective on how great life is on one's own
side of the track, but when we start to think the folks living on the
other side of the track are just plain wrong, it's hard to learn from
each other anymore. Because then communication stops, and we can't
benefit then from the other person's vastly different perspective.

>   I'm much more like Edg than like Barry in what I value in
relationships, but I'm fascinated reading what Barry, Curtis and
others have written about their radically different ways (from mine)
of doing, learning and experiencing in such matters. I'm seeing some
goodness where before I saw only things I didn't understand or judged.
Their wrtings have opened my mind to a greater understanding, and for
that I'm grateful.

>   - Bronte

Yahoo! FareChase.