--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of mainstream20016
> Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:59 AM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: more meditating school info with my
apology to
> chris
>

> Regarding the reassurance that SatYug is nigh at hand, through the
> inevitability and
> necessity of India's role to bring all good to all of us - Great !
Wonderful
> ! I look forward to
> cathcing the rays of a global bath of beneficent light. Yet, as a
> practicality, it would be a
> good thing, and wise, to have a direct hand in raising one's
consciousness.
> So I advocate
> for wide-spread individual TM practice in the West, yet that cannot
happen
> if TMO remains
> an overtly religious organization. TM has, and can again, be taught
honestly
> and
> effectively as a secular technique. As the last thirty-two years
has shown,
> unless TM is
> taught as a secular technique, it's impact will be nill,
notwithstanding the
> coming glories
> of SatYug.
>

> Seems to me Pandora's box has been opened. Even if the TMO were to
try to
> scale back and present TM as a secular technique, critics would be
able to
> present all sorts of evidence that for decades, it has been
associated with
> Hindu and various wacky things. The TMO would be accused of trying
to hide
> all that for marketing purposes.

You are, naturally, missing the point of what's happening completely.
It does not matter how people in the West perceive TM -- it's enough
that a few people, aided by the presence of pundits, are doing TM in
the West -- it's only necessary that a few candles have been lit
throughout the world, and that has been accomplished. India alone can
be responsible for the transition to a Vedic culture, Sat Yuga, and
in India semantics about TM as religion are meaningless.