--- In [email protected], Angela Mailander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Did I say or imply that it's better to strive to be an Untermensch? How did you arrive at that conclusion. I've made no judgment of any kind yet. I'm just comparing two things that seem to me to invite comparison. >>
Hidden in your comparison is an obvious negative connotation, no? Correct me if I'm wrong, but comparing anyone to Hitler in the modern era is not a positive assessment. Just because someone teaches that people may want to better themselves in any way (ie. evolve) does not mean they are like the Nazis. Your comparison appears to be aimed at suggesting that any group who says: "Let's be better, than the past humans" must be potential murderous Nazis. Making comparisons to Nazis brings a whole bunch of baggage with it, and you knew that when you posted it..no? Or perhaps you just mean that many groups look to better themselves and the world, and in addition some turn nasty, like the Nazis. If you use your logic (also implied by the juxtaposition of the question to which you were answering from another poster) you would call the Quakers "Nazis", and the Buddhists. OffWorld > > off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: --- In [email protected], Angela Mailander > <mailander111@> wrote: > > > > I have no idea what you mean when you say, "And are these same ideas > being cloned onto splinter satsang groups?" As for your other > question, "Are there significant parallels between the Third Reich and > Mahesh's spiritual movement, I'd say definitely there are. Name any > article of faith you find repeated in this town, name any of the often > repeated quotes of things Mahesh is supposed to have said, and it was > repeated and believed in Nazi Germany. They didn't call it > enlightenment, but they were all striving to be the Ubermensch. >> > > It is better, in your opinion, to strive to be untermensch then? > > OffWorld > > > > > > Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com >
