Comment below:

**

> biosoundbill wrote:
> > Thanks Bhairitu,
> >
> > I guess at the end of the day learning TM is a very good way of
> > learning to meditate effortlessly. It has certainly become a big
> > business, and one is never quite sure as to whether MMY's motives
> > are noble or otherwise!
> > Once one has the technique, it makes sense to me that one should
be
> > working with energy that's missing in their lives, rather than
> > meditating with just that one bija for the rest of one's life,
> > despite the claims from some Gurus that one stay with one mantra
> > only!
> >
> > Namaste,
> >
> > Billy
> >

> Some traditions believe that only one mantra will create an
imbalance
> and that balancing mantras should be given.

**end**

I have a friend in the East Bay who is originally from Trinidad
Tobago, a hindu and Shaivite but his father is a Kali priest (now
retired) and he grew up within that priestly tradition.

He had a small, personal temple (originally a garage) and frequently
when I visited with him and his family we'd go there to meditate and
he'd always offer prayers beforehand, both in Hindi and English,
sometimes a lingam puja.  One thing I noticed was that when he was
doing the Hindi prayers and chants, he'd end each line with the
anusvara (or bindu)  "-ng".  It didn't matter whether the word was a
vowel of consonant ending, he always morphed it into "-ng".

It seemed to function like the drone of the sruti-box in Indian music
or the drone of the tambura and really seemed to charge the
environment.  Good vibes.

Marek