On Oct 21, 2007, at 9:43 PM, BillyG. wrote:

> In the Hindu yogic tradition I practiced in, the "gap" or
> transcendent in TM speak is only just the beginning...and it's not
> truly transcendental consciousness, it's merely a thought-free state.
> It is however an important sign that practice is ready to go to
> another level, one where the transcendent is nurtured and the "gap"
> becomes much longer. From what I've seen in TM research, the longest
> recorded by their "research" in just a couple of minutes. But for a
> yogin going deeply we're talking something that goes for several
> hours or much longer, at will. So a long or short mantra MAY make a
> little difference, one or two minutes compared to three or four, but
> in the big picture it's insignificant IME.

Right on Vaj, I agree! Also, I haven't heard even one credible
account of kundalini rising in/from the TM group, probably because
most aren't advanced enough,not that it wouldn't happen some day but
"functioning from the home of all the laws of nature", GMAB!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I know numerous people who've awakened at the prana-kundalini level.