Nice post, nice intent.

Thanks for the breath of fresh air, and of reality,
Rick. My condolences to Margi Gunn and my hearty
bon voyage to Dick, neither of whom seem to need
either my condolences or my wishes for their
continued well-beling. They both seem to be doing
fine.

But some of the other posters on FFL? Man, I'm
starting to worry.

I mean, this is theoretically supposed to be a
forum for 20-to-40-year meditation practitioners,
people who should, to hear them talk about their
respective spiritual "resumes," have learned a
little something along the Way, and have a little
something to offer to others, who might just be
starting out along their own Way.

And what do we have instead? The Out-Of-Control
Ego Wrestling Hour.

Tonight's matches, beamed to you directly from the
famous Hot Ghee Wrestling Pits in Fairfield, Iowa,
will feature some of the sport's biggest egos, in
a smack-down championship match to determine
whose is biggest.

In Ghee Pit #1, we've got the TM Ego Team, vs...
well...vs. just about every other forum of spirit-
ual practice on the planet. In one of the other
semifinal matches, in Pit #2, we've got the I'm-
More-Moral-Than-You-Are-And-If-You-Don't-Agree-
I'll-Lynch-Your-Immoral-Ass Team, up against...well,
anyone who feels that they have the right to
determine their own approach to morality.

In Pit #3 we've got the match between the potential
authors. In one corner is the noted author of "I'm
OK and You're Not," the supposed future bestseller
about everything that's wrong with the world of
spiritual practice, with no distracting suggestions
for what could be more right. She's up against the
author of "Secret Knowledge Imparted to Me By All
of the Famous People In History Who Were Lucky Enough
To Meet Me," in which the author tells us the inside
scoop on Nazi Germany, 9/11, the building of the
pyramids, Noah's Ark, and other events she witnessed
first-hand. *That* should be a crowd-pleaser.

The fourth semifinal match, in Ghee Pit #4, is
between the God Freaks and the Atheists. This one
will draw a big crowd, because all of the God Freak
fans are terrified that the Atheists might win,
and then they'd have to come up with an explanation
for why God would allow such a travesty to happen.

The winners of each of the semifinal matches will
face each other in followup matches over the next
week, to determine once and for all which team
has The Biggest Ego Of All.

Meanwhile, Rick will continue to post a few *real*
posts like Margi's, trying to remind people what
they *could* be doing instead of Ego Wrestling.
Marek and Hugo will continue to post intelligent,
well-thought-out stuff, and no one will notice.
And a few people will actually, from time to time,
post something spiritual.

The sponsors apologize in advance for these dis-
tractions. We're doing our best to eliminate them,
and to bring you only the top-flight Ego Wrestling
that you came here to see. With any luck Mister
Morality will win the overall championship, and
he'll organize a lynching and we can get rid of
these wusses once and for all and then Fairfield
Life will be All Ego Wrestling, All The Time, the
way the audiences seem to want it to be.