--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I got some chuckles out of that. So what is it about FFL?
> Most of us have a TM background. Is it that there's little
> emphasis in the TMO on becoming a nicer person, as there
> is in Buddhist circles and some other spiritual groups?
> In fact, egotism is intentionally cultured, with crowns,
> titles, and a pecking order determined by net worth.

Not to mention being "the best" and "the highest path."

> I remember a political cartoon illustrating the "Reagan
> end run" in which thoughts would bypass that part of his
> brain which, in most of us, edits and sometimes censors
> the nonsense thoughts that might otherwise come out of
> our mouths. It seems that some here suffer from the same
> syndrome. If they're in a rage, or feeling nasty toward
> someone, they somehow feel justified in venting it, and
> there's no indication of any introspection causing them
> to pause and consider the consequences or even the
> legitimacy of their perspective.

I can't disagree with what you say here, but what
interests me more is that there are some who seem
to *feed* on losing control in this way. It's as
if the times when they are out of control and lost
in some over-the-top emotional moment are the highest
points in their lives, so they go out of their way
looking for more things to be outraged about, so
they can feel more of them.

> Maybe Emily Post should be required reading for FFL
> membership.

It couldn't hurt.

I was thinking more along the lines of, "If you think
that you know enough to write a book, or to preach to
someone else about how they should live their lives,
you can't join until you get over it."