In the film, What Dreams May Come, we see Robin Williams' character
try to end the fixation of his wife when she's put herself into a
hell.  It's a wonderful piece of writing and entirely reflects
Angela's words below.  And much more -- it's a film that really puts
out on many levels.  It is so spiritually instructive -- cognitively
-- that I'd put it right up there with, say, Waking Life, Groundhog
Day, Smoke Signals, Being There, The Truman Show, Truly Madly Deeply,
Whale Rider, Wizard of Oz, etc.

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was interrupted, so in my last post the sentence got garbled.
"Sin" to Dante is merely an obstacle on a path, and it is an obstacle
because there are consequences to be worked out.  The whirlwind is a
consequence of Paolo and Francesca's action.  The difference between
hell and purgatory for Dante was that the soul in hell suffers, but
does not know that there is an end to the suffering and also does not
understand why this suffering has occurred.  The soul in purgatory
also suffers, but it knows that there is an end to suffering and it is
also very clear about why this suffering is happening.  a

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com