I am sure that you are stating the immutable laws of your universe.  My
universe is multiple, my path, apparently, is a puddle-jumping expedition from
universe to parallel universe.  I have noticed on this path that God herself
lurches from one sublime uncertainty to another, and that she loves surprises.
She also loves mercy that dropeth as the gentle rain etc.  She loves
a-causality as an expression of infinite freedom. Free-play is her favorite
game. a

"Richard J. Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When the "outside" world hands you something undeserved,

 Well, Angela, the "outside" world doesn't hand you anything
 that is undeserved. You deserve everything you get, and for
 a reason: everything happens for a reason, the result of cause
 and effect. Karma means action - actions that are the result
 previous actions. Every action results in a reaction. That's
 what the Buddha meant when he said that all things spring from
 causes - he taught causation.

 There are no actions or events outside of the play of the
 gunas described by Kapila. Shakya the Muni agreed with this.
 If it were otherwise, then individuals could change the laws
 of physics and cause change at will, i.e. perform magic.

 There is no "force" that enters into the physical world and
 causes change - there are no chance events. That's the meaning
 of karma, both Hindu and Buddhist.

 The only question is, does karma operate on the mental as well
 as the physical level. That's a question of moral reciprocity.