<Snip>

> For TMers, handling pets is a drain on energy in the same way that
> ordinary people are a drain on a yogi.

Prison of specialness.  Let me guess, I'm the "ordinary people" and
you get to be the yogi.  It reminds me of the games with my big
brother in my childhoood, "Why do I always have to be the Indian and
you are the Lone Ranger?"

<Snip> For
> instance, in India one is advised not to look at one's own excrement,
> and sure enough, on those occasions when I do glance at the toilet
> trout, there's a diminution of awareness.

Wow that is some powerful awareness you got there man.  How can I get
some of that!  I'm gunna guess that if you ever had to muck out a
horse stall, between the draining effect of animals and the doody
factor you would basically pass out from your enlightenednessinmenthood.

" Sounds ridiculous to us,"

No, not at all.  A grown man feels a "diminution of awarenss" from
seeing his own turd, sounds like unbounded cosmic awareness to me.

> but just because our idiotic nonsustainable "scientific" culture
does > not understand how the universe works does not make Vedic
culture > untrue.

The Vedas reveal the knowledge of the power of peering at poopie to
all men.  I'm gunna guess that you feel a similar "diminution of
awareness" from being around menstruating women.  That is another
thing that the brilliant Vedas are sure about that modern don't
understand.

Dude if I didn't believe all this stuff myself for years I could be on
a high horse about it all.  The truth is that when I hear you spout
this stuff I am so happy that I escaped this prison of specialness.
You can have it all man. Every last phobia about the natural world,
your body, women's bodies, other people, animals, food, clothing, your
door's direction, the seasons of the year...