"If FF really is a place, still, where "MMY says" is a conversation
 stopper, its not that far from "the pope said, the furher said, the
 chairman said, jesus said, god said (via our preacher), the good book
 says, etc."

FF is such a place in my experience.  And belief is a powerful thing that can
do all kinds of interesting things to awareness.  Derrida cites the case of a
woman in the middle ages who died BECAUSE she believed she would upon staying
in a bathtub full of water for several hours. So I have no trouble with
believing a dude can grow dim by staring at his turd. Floaters are more
dangerous than sinkers in my opinion. a

"new.morning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > <Snip>
 > >
 > > For TMers, handling pets is a drain on energy in the same way that
 > > ordinary people are a drain on a yogi.
 >
 > <Snip> For
 > > instance, in India one is advised not to look at one's own excrement,
 > > and sure enough, on those occasions when I do glance at the toilet
 > > trout, there's a diminution of awareness.
 >
 > Wow that is some powerful awareness you got there man.  How can I get
 > some of that!  I'm gunna guess that if you ever had to muck out a
 > horse stall, between the draining effect of animals and the doody
 > factor you would basically pass out from your enlightenednessinmenthood.

 And the Vedas (laws of manu) say that energy increases with slaves and
 12 year old brides. I suppose vedic synchophants will try to get off
 on that too.

 An interesting experiment: Six groups. 2 of those predisposed to
 believing the vedas are to be taken literally, and all directives are
 good, and relevant to this age -- as they are the supreme truth. @ are
 like the above, but substitute bible for vedas. 2 groups don't have
 much belief in much.

 Tell one subgroup in all three groups 30 different things the
 scriptures say (whether they do or not). Tell the other 3 subgroups a
 different 30 things.

 Then observe which groups "feel", see and experience what the
 scriptures said were good -- or true. Like terds draining energy.

 No one has disproven that terds drain energy. Nore has it been proven.
  But without a meaningful theoreticial foundation, the hypothesis is
 rather weak. What is the hypothesized mechanism: shit warps the fabric
  and creates a fartish field effect in the purity of the universal
 field of ground state consciousness? Terds bend the time-space
 continuum in the vector where it intersects the quantum field?

 And the theoretical foundation that slavery is good? And 40 year old
 men marrying 12 year olds is a good thing?

 When one takes 'the vedas", or anything, as the highest knowledge, and
 suspends their own critical facilities -- and common sense -- there is
 a vulnerability created. If a mass of people do this similtaneously,
 then  some sort of deranged collective behavior is possible. To this
 extent, that collective groups have suspended their critical faculties
 for some esoteric, unsubstantiated premise, then there is a parallel
 thread across such groups. Different intensities and different levels
 of abheration, but still a common thread. Whether the mind-disabling
 belief is in vedic, christian or islamic myths, arayan virtures, the
 moral superiority of christianity, new age babble, peace / love / and
 drugs, the workers' paradise, god and country, neo-con democratic
 transformation, massive  conspiracies, etc.

 If FF really is a place, still, where "MMY says" is a conversation
 stopper, its not that far from "the pope said, the furher said, the
 chairman said, jesus said, god said (via our preacher), the good book
 says, etc.

 Even Donald Duck got it.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-PZVrWvJM0

 And when emotion rules reason. "It SEEMS so.")
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvp3zAPraF4