--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of do.rflex
> Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:31 PM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Deepak Chopra and Mike Myers on
Sundance

40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > But as the Great Expert on Everything Under The Sun, I'm
> > sure that you can proove beyond a shadow of doubt that He did in
fact
> > not take a life before He started on His spiritual path !
>
> You have accused one of Shankara's principle disciples of having
been
> a murderer. It's up to you to back up your claim. Otherwise, you are
> lying.
>
> I think Nabby is confusing Trotaka with Valmiki, who wrote the
Ramayana. I
> doubt he can find any reference to Trotaka's having killed anyone,
but
> Valmiki's story is well-known.

It's something that was narrated to me. Could be true or not but who
really knows. If wrong I apologize. Anyway it fits in fine with
something Maharishi said that Trotaka was in deep sin (or something
to that effect) but even so he not only became enlightened but was
the first of Shankaras disciples to become so. And this is what
characterises this Tradition, that anyone no matter how heavily
burdened by karma, can by his own effortless effort gain the highest
knowledge. For obvious reasons I can't "prove" that I am right, nor
can this do.flex fool prove that I am wrong. Wherever He is I do not
think He cares one way or the other  :-)