From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of nablusoss1008
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 2:09 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Deepak Chopra and Mike Myers on Sundance
Channel

> I think Nabby is confusing Trotaka with Valmiki, who wrote the
Ramayana. I
> doubt he can find any reference to Trotaka's having killed anyone,
but
> Valmiki's story is well-known.

It's something that was narrated to me. Could be true or not but who
really knows. If wrong I apologize. Anyway it fits in fine with
something Maharishi said that Trotaka was in deep sin (or something
to that effect) but even so he not only became enlightened but was
the first of Shankaras disciples to become so.

Listening to those rumors again, eh Nabby? What he said was that Trotaka was
a simple guy, not an intellectual like the other main disciples. He was
content to wash clothes (Shankara had an anal fistula and the blood had to
be washed out of his loincloth) while the others debated, yet Shankara
waited for him before beginning his discourse. The other disciples were
grumbling about this, since he didn’t understand the discourses anyway, when
they heard a beautiful hymn being sung down by the river. It was Trotaka,
who had just gotten enlightened, and was singing a spontaneously-composed
hymn in praise of his master.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:22 PM