--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (P.S. It looks as though you've apparently chosen yet again
> to ignore the main point of the post: the distinction between
> sattva and purusha, or judging "it's a really, really *good*
> movie" vs. actually freeing oneself from belief in the movie.
> While I enjoy sattvic behavior as much as the next guy, judging
> anyone's behavior as "enlightened" or "not enlightened" would
> to me fall into the category of judging the quality of the movie.)

Ah, the light dawns.

Rory and Jim just don't have any *discrimination*.

It's all about upholding their moodmake-y views of
their own states of consciousness, in the same way
that Ed Wood actually believed that he was a
good filmmaker.

One *can* "suspend disbelief" and enjoy even an
Ed Wood movie, but if one has been around the
film block a few times, that suspension of dis-
belief doesn't prevent one from knowing that one
is watching a Really Bad Movie.

The problem with you guys and your claims about
your own states of consciousness is *not* that
you don't believe them. I'm sure that you both
believe them, and that, like Ed Wood, you believe
that you're creating great works of "consciousness
cinema" with your posts here.

The problem IMO is that you're acting, and you're
both really bad actors,

What you mistake for high drama and uplifting
cinema many of the rest of us -- our discrimination
still intact -- see as a Really Bad Movie.

Bottom line: moodmaking isn't enlightenment, unless
your audience can be convinced to moodmake along
with you. You guys just aren't that convincing.