> On Nov 13, 2007, at 6:51 PM, Rory Goff wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > It's more than a premise IMO. Hang around enough saints and you
> > begin
> > > to recognize a spontaneous quality that can only be
termed "virtues"
> > > or "virtuous". It's the Natural Condition. Co-emergent with that
> > > recognition is our own Natural State, which is equally abundant
in
> > > what I call "spontaneous qualities" (of the enlightened state).
Any
> > > meditator will begin to recognize that quality in others. No
> > > scientific research necessary, this is something most people
would
> > > recognize.
> >
> > ...as co-dependent moodmaking.
> >
> > *lol*
>
> No, as "spontaneous [excellent] qualities".

Apparently, one person's "spontaneous [excellent] qualities are
another's "co-dependent moodmaking," then, Vaj; or maybe you meant to
say, "*our* group's enlightened qualities are spontaneous and
excellent; *yours* are co-dependent moodmaking"?

Either way, one could probably make a good case for this whole line
of thinking being baloney, along the lines of mistaking sattva (a
guna) for purusha (free from gunas), or mistaking  "making it a
really, really *good* movie" with actual freedom from belief in the
movie.

> We already have one editor here, who needs a retired antiquarian?

Who indeed? If you still think you and I exist, then you do,
apparently, as here I apparently am.

Speaking of editing, perhaps you missed the editor's gentle hint the
first time around: the possessive of "it" is "its"  -- not "it's",
which is only used by the literate as the contraction of "it is."