After reading the op-ed piece I must admit that his
interview on NPR was more impressive than this piece.
Either I'm missing his point or his point is rather
banal. He seems to need to take a good philosophy of
science course. To me he appears to be reifying the
"laws of physics". That is he's separating the
physical universe from the laws that describe these
relationships. The "laws of physics" are not things,
they are higher-order explanations of ontological
facts. Since we never have all the facts, the "laws"
evolve over time as more and more facts are
discovered.   Judy, or anyone, what's your take on
this? Am I, or Judy, missing something here? I just
don't get his point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/24/opinion/24davies.html?ref=opinion