To use only one sutra as an example (this translation by Barbara
Stoler Miller):

Aversion to one's body and avoidance of contact
with others comes from bodily purification. (40)
Also purity of intelligence, mental satisfaction, psychic
focus, victory over the sense organs, and a vision of one's
inner being. (41)
Perfect happiness is attained through
contentment. (42)
Perfection of the body and the senses comes from ascetic
practice, which destroys impurities (43).
Communion with one's chosen deity comes from the
study of sacred lore.  (44)
The perfection of pure contemplation comes from
dedication to the Lord of Yoga. (45)

I think aversion to the body and avoidance of contact with others as
an ideal or goal contains misunderstanding; I sense something
anti-embodiment there.

I think it is misunderstanding to have divided spirituality from life,
e.g. to have monks and nuns be celibate while the laity get married
(or doesn't) and has sex. Rather than separating spirituality and
sexuality this way, and spirituality from daily living in the world,
why not instead cultivate in all people respect for and value of all
humanity, including the needs of the body, the longing for love, for
sexual expression, and developing emotional and intellectual maturity
to go with these? This to me is embracing being embodied rather than
seeking avoidance, aversion, perfection, and victory over the body.