--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wgm4u@> wrote:
>
> > My dear Sir-To please God in this case would be to use the sex
> > function for the procreation of children
>
> This sort of self-assurance was a major implicit theme of my prior
> post on this topic. Do you really feel that you know what pleases god?
> And/or what god REALLY wants us to do? Or what god REALLY meant here
> or there?
>
> Or that god exists in the forms that you imagine?
>
> To me that is not an indication of loss of
> owning/clutching/agrandizing aspects of ego, but super-sizing it.
>

> Given any scripture or sutra:
>
> How do you / we /one know what was really meant, given 100's or 1000's
> of years of translations and political / social power struggles and
> mores imposed and over layed on it??
>
> Do or can words capture the whole essence of the "teaching" and
> insight? Or do you need to tap some universal field of life to get the
> REAL thing?
>
> If, by sheer luck, or abnormal powers, one was able to figure out what
> was REALLY meant, how do you know that something that applied to a
> small population, homogeneous, agrarian, desert society applies to a
> large population, very hetrogenous and pluralistic, technological
> society?
>
> For example, if one child pleases god, won't 10 please him more? In an
> overcrowded ecologically bursting at the seams world, do you really
> think god is advocating doubling or tripling the population?

You have two standards; one is scripture and the other is intuition or
direct knowing. With scripture we fall back on tradition and oral
teachings by reputed Masters, etc.

With intuition the soul is able to clearly discern directly all of his
actions that are either in harmony or out of harmony with the will of
God (pleasing to God) or Natural Law.  The intuition grows a little
each lifetime and that record is contained in the heart, the record of
all behavior of all lifetimes is contained in the heart, as intuition
and conscience.