>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> Naw. If you're following a tradition of continuous success in deep
> meditation (for example), the only evidence that has any meaning
>is
> whether or not you succeed at your particular practice! Most yogis
> could give two hoots about what their EEG says. (Unless of course
>it's
> an unscrupulous yogi and they're using it to bolster sales and
> marketing efforts...)

Vaj, that is some good writing. Quite an encapsulation of this thread
in two sentences.

Works well also in conjunction with the flat observation from
Gilpin's essay in a conclusion about FF,

Gilpin:
"We all know how it turned out.  After a lifetime of personal
micromanagement, the TM movement is a grim, authoritarian theocracy.
A medieval caste system--complete with a god-king and his court of
rajas--where status is determined largely by the size of one's bank
account"
"We tried creating our own reality and it failed.  Our future, if we
have one, lies in the rational, objective, scientific world that we
all inhabit.  It may not seem exciting after the mystical wonders of
the last generation, but it's our best hope."