> The fact is, as long as the two are of consenting age--I assume 18
in
> Iowa--and the sex is consensual and in no way forced, Dr.
Hagelin's
> actions are totally within the law. Now I'm not an attorney, but I
> suspect someone taking his private and perfectly legal life on the
web
> could be construed as defamation of character or some such thing.
>
> And they'd have a pretty good case on you kiddo.
>
> My girlfriends roomate in college practically lived full time with
one
> of the ceramics profs and that was in the 70's. They seemed to be
in
> love, and they seemed a charming couple so it felt cool to us. As
long
> as it's above the boards--and I don't believe he hides his behavior-
-
> if they're both into it (the guy is now a movie star, I mean come
on,
> how many movie star-physicists are there?) I say it's none of our
damn
> business.

There's always the question of a person in an institution who is in a
position of authority and whether they are taking advantage of an
underling, be it a student or an employee or a potential employee or
student.

Was Hagelin in a position of authority at the time?  Well, even if he
wasn't, he was by virtue of being John Hagelin and this being the TMO.

Was she a student?  Someone posted here that she wasn't...but was she
in the TMO?  An employee...potential employee or student?

Sorry, these things come into play.

But most importantly: is the female paramour complaining?  Is she
saying that she was taken advantage in any way?