see my comments interlaced below

> > Did MMY discuss this fundamental disconnect in his lecture
Nabby?

> Nabby's an idiot who knows nothing about Buddhism
> or Buddha >>

And that is the voice of Buddha above? You really sound like someone
who knows about Buddha.....NOT.

> Buddha was about as much of an opponent of Hinduism
> and the entire Vedic system with its paid-for priests
> and yagyas as one could possibly be. *During* his
> lifetime the Hindus hated him, because the common
> people were being drawn to his "you don't need to
> pay no priests to get enlightened" teachings.>>

Buddha abandoned his pregnant wife to go off and 'save the world' -
that failed obviously.
He rebelled against the Brahmin tradition and then went and
reconstructed it in an inferior, ego-centered version (ie...its all
about "me me me getting enlightened"....and forget the real world --
total BS tradition)

> So the minute he died, what do they do? They co-opt
> Buddha and claim that all along he was an avatar of
> Vishnu. They claim that he was the *opposite* of
> everything he claimed to be, so that they can try
> to suck some of the folks who went over to Buddhist
> teachings back over to Hindu teachings, and to fill-
> ing their greedy pockets.

True, that is what his followers did.

> Buddha went out of his way -- his whole *life* -- to
> point out that he was *not* an avatar, that he was
> just a normal human being, just like everyone else.>>

A useless one at that, with nothing of power to offer.
Now Buddhist Monks are learning TM en-masse.......'cuz it works.
( and Vaj is raging mad about them learning TM by the thousands now)

> For the Hindus to claim that he *was* an avatar is
> the exact opposite of what he actually taught.>>

No-one claimed he was an Avatar, you made that up to bolster your ego-
driven superiority-complex rantings.

OffWorld

.