Yeah, Curtis, my folks; the back stories are equally interesting.
And as you can see, the red wine (and the vodka) apparently haven't
diminished their capacities too much.  It's just a life and every
life is a story that each one of us has the opportunity to enrich
every day.  I always appreciate the stories shared on this forum with
a community I feel so lucky to be a member of.

Marek

**

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <reavismarek@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Curtis, here's another story I think you might enjoy told last
year
> > to a local Saint Louis PBS station in Saint Louis, accompanied
with
> > some inexpensive red wine.
>
> Totally blown away!  Thanks for sending this Marek.  Your folks?
What
> a fascinating couple.  What a life!  I live for stories like this!
>

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0HVg1kCpxU
> >
> > **

> > anesthetic
> > >
> > > I understand the "alcohol bad" position and lived it for years.
If
> > > that is how you enjoy to live, good for you.  Dullness is the
last
> > > attribute I would give alcohol's effect if you don't drink too
much,
> > > and drink with the right people.  Removing the drink from the
set
> > and
> > > setting that it can enhance, misses the point IMO.  It can be a
part
> > > of social customs and cuisines that I enjoy.
> > >
> > > A chilled martini at a jazz club with an acoustic jazz trio in
the
> > > background.
> > >
> > > Some top shelf bourbon bought for you by a young couple after
your
> > > last set, who had never listened to acoustic blues before, and
have
> > > many questions about what blues artists they should download.
> > >
> > > A bottle of local Virginia wine over dinner with a friend who
just
> > > came back from visiting Africa and has many stories to share.
> > >
> > > A chilled  Czech Pilsner Urquell beer at boating picnic while
eating
> > > Chesapeake Bay crabs.
> > >
> > > Greek brandy with your Greek friends as they tell you about how
they
> > > survived during WWII in Greece on an olive farm, while eating
sheep
> > > feta cheese and dipping crusty bread into oil from this year's
olive
> > > harvest.
> > >
> > > Toasts with Hennessey cognac with the bridal party at your
> > Vietnamese
> > > friend's wedding after all the other guests have left.
> > >
> > > A friend's homemade wine at their farm after riding their
horses.

> > > Joining a Thai friend as he closes up his restaurant and eating
home
> > > style fiery hot Thai food with the staff with Thai Singha beer.
> > >
> > > Drinking chilled vodka shots with your Russian girlfriend over
the
> > > traditional meal she cooked for you.
> > >
> > > Sharing the Brazilian national drink, the Chaiparinya.
(limes,sugar
> > > and Cachasa) with a raven haired Brazilian girl while watching
World