>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Yes, that's told very special.  Thanks, is a great story.  I showed
> it around my household and everyone was blown away in turn.
>
> What life does bring.  What a great story of courage. That was only
> 60 years ago all that happened.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0HVg1kCpxU

I `ve, always liked good real stories.  Good real moral character
type stories.  Stories where stands gets made on moral grounds of
virtue.  Stories that show a virtuous presence of mind that has
resolute a nature in life.  In human life often we are not called on
to make hard or extraordinary choices and often the good stories of
life are those where people stand out or stand in front of something
by moral force.  By something of moral human character inside.

Good stories often turn on a presence of mind that has someone stand
resolved.  Well told stories do tell what someone was thinking or
doing `walking in those shoes' and sometimes a good story just helps
you stand where someone stood for a moment.

I liked the story about your parents as it is told.  It is a good
story.

Different than just animal fight or flight, people can have their
character of a soul to account for.  How that gets accounted for
often makes story.  Your parents story is a great modern one.

Jai,
-Doug in FF

"Marek Reavis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Marek

>Doug writing:
> I remember an obituary last year published in the FF Ledger for
> Harriet Berman's mother here.
> It was written in a common way, that she was fun and a great game
> player and active in her later life and such.  The un-expanded part
> of the obituary was that she grew up Jewish, in 1930's occupied
> Poland.  I wondered then if the family had her story as she saw
it.
> Her MSAE grandson from FF then has now become a professional
> journalist elsewhere, I wondered then if he had collected it or if
it
> had come to be too late.  There seemed to be an untold character
> story in the obituary.  Certainly some veterans of those times only
> wish to go on in life putting it behind them in their privacy.
>
> That generation is passing fast now.
> My wife's dad was with the first army medical unit to arrive at
> Dachau as US troops arrived and found it.  He has a scrap book with
> photos and articles about it from then.  But now his own memory is
> rickety and about all gone.
>
> At Revelations used bookstore here a while back I bought a used
book
> about all the concentration and work camps of Nazi Germany, in real
> nice shape that had clippings from the war carefully folded in to
the
> book.  Evidently from someone's (from around here?) estate or
> collection who seems to have been there.
>
> In town here we have a kind old guy who as a skilled handy-man
takes
> care of appliances.  As a boy he was displaced with his mother and
> brother from East Prussian farming districts that were emptied of
all
> civilians as the Russian army came in that way against the Germans
> during the war.  They traveled about as displaced civilians trying
> connect with their family's father who had been conscripted in to
the
> German army and sent down to Austria.  As the war narrowed down,
like
> with this other story they were separated by the lines of
occupation
> and it was quick heads-up thinking in hand-changing destinations on
> travel documents that got them from the Russian occupied side over
> the American occupied side where the dad was later in the war.
> I am telling his story to you in writing this but even in doing
that
> I have left out a lot of viseral texture to the way he told it to
me
> directly.
>
> My dad had his stories from then too.  He is gone now and the
> liveliness of those stories with him.  I remember some of them but
> not the way he told them.
>
> -Doug in FF
>

> > "Marek Reavis" <reavismarek@> wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, Curtis, my folks; the back stories are equally
interesting.
> > And as you can see, the red wine (and the vodka) apparently
haven't
> > diminished their capacities too much.  It's just a life and every
> > life is a story that each one of us has the opportunity to enrich
> > every day.  I always appreciate the stories shared on this forum
> with
> > a community I feel so lucky to be a member of.
> >
> > Marek
> >
> > **

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
> <reavismarek@>

> > year
accompanied
> > with
> > >
> > > Totally blown away!  Thanks for sending this Marek.  Your
folks?
> > What
> > > a fascinating couple.  What a life!  I live for stories like
this!

om