From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of wvansant111
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 11:19 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Do you still practice TM but not believe in MMY?

I've just finished reading a lot of the information on tm-free blog. my
head it sort of reeling of course. I've had mixed feelings about TMO
and Maharishi in general, but I have believed in the benefits of TM. If
I put everything else aside - just the fact that I quit smoking,
drinking and drugs afterwards was a pretty dramatic change. I had a
highly addictive personality and was very set in my ways. No adults
could get through to me. I had flunked out of school pre-TM. After I
started doing TM, I went back to school and graduated cum laude.
However, I would agree that meditating in large doses made me spaced
out and dysfunctional.

I'm just wondering in any of you believe that MMY was fraud but still
value his practice. Paul Mason said he is still pro-TM which is hard to
believe considering the information on his website.

Any thoughts welcome.

My situation is similar to yours. Drugs, HS dropout, dramatic turnaround
after learning TM. I still practice a modified form of it (different mantra)
with perfect regularity. “Believing” in MMY is a subtler question. I spent a
lot of time around him. He was a remarkable man. His darshan (spiritual
energy) was profound. I used to think he was flawless and that his every
pronouncement was absolute truth. I no longer do, but that doesn’t mean I
now regard him as nothing more than a little Indian guy who decided to grow
a beard, wear a dhoti, and pose as a guru. He was a mixed bag. His
formulation of a simple, easy-to-learn, effective meditation technique was a
stroke of genius. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:54 AM