--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wvansant111" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I've just finished reading a lot of the information on tm-free blog. my
> head it sort of reeling of course. I've had mixed feelings about TMO
> and Maharishi in general, but I have believed in the benefits of TM. If
> I put everything else aside - just the fact that I quit smoking,
> drinking and drugs afterwards was a pretty dramatic change. I had a
> highly addictive personality and was very set in my ways. No adults
> could get through to me. I had flunked out of school pre-TM. After I
> started doing TM, I went back to school and graduated cum laude.
> However, I would agree that meditating in large doses made me spaced
> out and dysfunctional.
>
> I'm just wondering in any of you believe that MMY was fraud but still
> value his practice. Paul Mason said he is still pro-TM which is hard to
> believe considering the information on his website.
>
> Any thoughts welcome.

The ridiculously named "TM-Free" blog is anything *but* TM-Free. It's
all TM, all the time. Unhealthy-TM-Obsession Blog is a more accurate
description.

As for me, I no longer do TM, but I value what TM and living in
Fairfield have done for me. I think TM is a great meditation
technique, and I think it's a shame that the TMO no longer makes TM
widely available for a reasonable price that most people could afford.
My attitude about MMY is that his coming to the West greatly changed
my life for the better, and I'm thankful to him for it. His rumored
sex life and whether or not his teachings are Vedicly legit according
to some tradition are not interesting or relevant to me.