Question below:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Fischer"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > I'm on prozac and my son is on something else. We both meditate
and
> > swear by it. That we have something a bit tougher than TM by
itself
> can
> > handle doesn't invalidate TM. I was told to go to sleep by 9PM
every
> > night and I almost never do. Maybe TM + 9PM bedtime would be
enough,
> > who can say?
>

> Sorry to hear about the "something a bit tougher."  Do you feel
the
> prozac "handles"  the situation?  I ask this because my Mom has
been on
> similar drugs for 12 years and whatever is going on, hasn't been
> handled.  Many people take a lot of aspirin because they get
headaches.
> I say find out WHY you get headaches and then handle that.  I
believe
> there is an underlying "cause" that if discovered can be handled
and
> obviate the need for the drugs.  I don't ask you this to make you
wrong
> for what you are doing, but to add my own observations.
>
> Best,
> Jeff F.

**END**

Addressing this question from a different angle than Jeff's I'd be
interested in knowing if anyone has had any experience and/or
results from the OTC supplement, 5-HTP?  It is the immediate
precursor to the neurotransmitter, Serotonin, which the lack of
availability at the synaptic gaps is addressed by Prozac, Zoloft and
the other SSRI's (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors).

Serotonin in the body is made slowly and the idea of regular
supplement of its immediate precursor is thought to help obviate
depression, etc.  Anyone?  Dr. Pete?

Thanks,

Marek