--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Transcendental
> > Meditation?
> > >
> > > All forms of meditation which work at transcending
> > thought, not just
> > > TMİ.
> >
> > I agree, forms of meditation that work at
> > transcending thought by
> > their very nature bind one to thought.
>
> Can you say more about this? I don't understand.
,

It just goes to the basic TM premise that it is an effortless
process. Contrary to how some feel, I personally feel that my TM
practice is effortless and that I have no goal while engaged in it.
Any meditation that has some thought of what should be happening,
such as "clear your mind of thoughts", is bound to thought no matter
how subtle the thought. This includes TM if it is done with a goal
in mind. Transcending the intellect can occur by accident under many
conditions and through many practices but consistency is effective.

I think the key word is "work"; "forms of meditation that work at
transcending thought by their very nature bind one to thought".

Rick Carlstrom