--right - in the centuries to come, Buddhists in droves will embrace
TM.  Thanks to MMY's brilliant idea to offer TM only as a techique
separate from the entrapment of traditional religion; people of any
religious persuasion (or none); can practice it.
Basically, we are talking about M-fields (Morphogenetic fields).
There are enough similarities between non-dualist orientations of
Buddhism and Saivite Hinduism (as well as Divine Mother branches,
such as "Saraswati") for Buddhists to readily embrace the practice of
TM without the danger of offending any of their philosophy.
 But philosophy is only one part of the M-field.  The M-fields of the
non-dualist religions vs Christianity are so radically different
(apart from a handful of Gnostics); that it may take a
lllloooonnnngggg time before Christians in droves start practicing TM.
Obviously, many TM'ers still consider themselves Christians (I'm a
lapsed Catholic); but Evangelical Christianity especially is not
based on "techniques". It's all about faith and belief.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>