--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "matrixmonitor"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ---Thx for posting this - most interesting! (especially in view of
> the behavior of such Sant Mat Gurus as Thakar Singh. He blames his
> deviant behavior on the Kal Power): [from a David C. Lane website]:
>
> The Way of a Sexually Deviant Guru: Legitimizing Contradiction
>
> Perhaps the one greatest obstacle confronting Thakar Singh's claim as
> the true successor to Kirpal Singh was Thakar himself. Unlike other
> gurus in his tradition, Thakar Singh's moral life has been thoroughly
> scrutinized and found wanting. Indeed, it has been well documented by
> a variety of sources--both within and outside the movement--that
> Thakar Singh has embezzled money, engaged in illicit sexual relations
> with a number of western female disciples, and conducted violent
> exorcisms on several devotees. In an unprecedented move to clear the
> matter up, Thakar admitted to some of the charges claiming
> that "These devils had been working very strongly on my lower self
> including body and mind and also had been creating great disturbances
> in the Sangat in all parts of the world. The women problem is also a
> result of temptation of these devils on my pure Self and in this
> respect could succeed to some extend [sic: extent]." But it did not
> squelch the criticism which eventually resulted in a large exodus
> from his movement, including the resignation of his chief
> representative, Bernadine Chard, of northern California.
>
> In wake of the scandal and the lawsuits between Darshan Singh's group
> and Madam Hardevi's, Thakar Singh lost the property rights to Sawan
> Ashram and had to give up his residence there. He is continuing to
> act as a guru, but his original core following has dwindled
> drastically. W.V. Rohr, a former devotee in Germany, sent out an
> international circular against Thakar Singh. His letter partially
> outlines the impact of the scandal:
>
> That man [Thakar Singh], to whom I looked up during the past 7 years
> as spiritual Master and "Guru", has admitted that he is not above
> mind and matter, above "negativity" and mental temptations. I cannot
> keep quiet the truth, as others seem they can. . . New facts
> concerning unholy activities on the level of sexual contacts as well
> as disappearances of Manav Kendra funds and donations by satsangis
> have come in the meantime. My personal consequence is: 1. I withdraw
> totally from any and all Satsang and Sangat activities whatsoever; 2.
> will not visit satsangs, where his words are displayed; 3. do not
> look upon him as "spiritual Master" or "Sant Sat Guru" in the line of
> Sant Kirpal Singh; 4. have requested [of] him [Thakar Singh] full
> report and refund of funds cashed in under use of "catastrophe"; 5.
> will continue sincerely with Light and Sound meditation and also
> Simran, as he is a Kirpal initiate and help and guidance is prayed
> for from Kirpal--until a truly spiritually and morally clean Master
> has been found, who is truly working in Kirpals [sic] name and with
> [...]

Indeed, I do believe their entire line of Gurus are merely
well-intentioned frauds believing, none-the-less they are doing the
work of the Lord. The real problem is when they claim they OWN the
teachings which are universally applicable to all.

I have a friend who is a member of SOS or Science of Spirituality
(Rajinder Singh) and he's always talking about the "Master Power" and
Master this and Master that, the charged words by the Master, etc. I
go to their Satsangs occasionally (since there are no TM centers left
to speak of) and they worship *HIM* as God.  Hey, my position is what
Christ said" "Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am
also", so what difference does the Master make whether he is 'there'
(in Spirit) or not!!, they have some funny beliefs.