--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2008, at 9:02 AM, do.rflex wrote:
>
> > Bullshit. Mugabe has been a tyrant and a killer since at least 1980.
> >

> > ---Mugabe rose to prominence in the 1960s as the Secretary general
of
> > the Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU). For many years in the
60s
> > and 70s Mugabe was a political prisoner in Rhodesia. His goal was to
> > replace white minority-rule with one-party Marxist regime.[2] He
left
> > Rhodesia in 1976 to join the Zimbabwe Liberation Struggle (Rhodesian
> > Bush War) from bases in Mozambique. The war ended in 1979; emerging
> > from this conflict, Mugabe was hailed by Africans as a hero.[3][4]
He
> > won the general elections of 1980, the first in which the majority
> > black Africans participated, amid reports of violent intimidation by
> > the militant freedom fighters he now controlled. Mugabe then became
> > the first Prime Minister of black-ruled Zimbabwe after calling for
> > reconciliation between formerly warring parties, including the white
> > people as well as rival parties.
> >
> > The early years of Mugabe's rule saw killings targeting the Ndebele
> > tribe in the Matabeleland and Midlands areas of Zimbabwe.
> >
> > Since 1998 Mugabe's policies have increasingly elicited domestic and
> > international denunciation. His government pursued a costly
> > intervention in the Second Congo War, expropriated thousands of
> > white-owned farms, printed hundreds of trillions of Zimbabwean
dollars
> > triggering hyperinflation,[5] and has been accused of harassing and
> > intimidating political opponents, particularly members of the
Movement
> > for Democratic Change.[6] Zimbabwe's economy spiraled downward,[7]
> > with food and oil shortages,[8] and with massive internal
> > displacement[9] and emigration.[10] During this period Mugabe's
> > policies have been denounced in the West and at home as racist
against
> > Zimbabwe's white minority.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mugabe
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mugabe>

> I'll never forget a couple of years ago a picture I saw in the
> newspaper of a slain Brit. expat. farmer lying dead--with his Jack
> Russell Terrier who survived, cuddled up next to his masters dead
> body. Vigilantes, jealous of the white farmers went in and killed
> many of the farmers or forced them to flee with the idea to take over
> their farms and supposedly the money they were making. The people
> ended up being so uneducated they didn't even know how to operate the
> farms and now the farms have been taken over by ovegrowth. Such
> appalling ignorance.

I'll never forget a couple of years ago a picture I saw in the newspaper
of slain Iraqi children lying dead--with their mother alone beside them.
Americans, mad with arrogance, went in and killed hundreds of thousands,
or forced them to flee with the idea to take over their oil and
supposedly the money they were making. The people ended up being so
uneducated they didn't even know how to operate the oil business and now
the oil fields have been taken over by groups aligned to the
dictatorship in Iran. Such appalling ignorance.

And yet Vaj still cannot take the log from his own eye in order to take
the spec out of his brothers.

OffWorld