> Or, both work equally well, for people of the right
> temperament or predilection.  And they might not work
> as well for people with other predilections.  The game
> seems to be about determining what works best for you.
>
> Unc

***
Yes, I agree with you on this. On the other hand, some choices may not
have long term outcomes that are so desirable. It may take a lifetime
to realize this. Then it isn't so fun to have made a mistake. I am not
speaking of choices in the abstract. It is an issue that I am dealing
with in my own life even now.

That's why I'm not so inclined to the democratic equality of all
possible pov's as you appear to be. Obviously, one has to have some
criteria, be they from intellect, intuition, feeling, observation,
experience, or whatever, to make such decisions.

One thing I have thought of recently - we have the capacity to accept
pain/discomfort to a remarkable degree if we think it is somehow for
our good in the long run. So if our belief system says that the hell
we are going through is unstressing, or in some other way an
indication of success (substitute the belief system of your choice and
its corresponding cross to bear), maybe we'll try to stick it out. If
our belief system says that this same set of experiences means
that "this is not good for me", then we quit doing it, etc.

But spiritual systems always come packaged with a corresponding set of
beliefs that are designed to convince you that pain and discomfort
experienced through those systems is a good thing, and will have a
heavenly conclusion. So, when testing out the options on the market,
not only are you dealing with your predispositions and previously held
beliefs, you are also being exposed to new beliefs, and, to give a
system a fair test, you are allowing yourself to revise your thinking
to accept these new ideas.

That's why I would like more of a dialog in this area. Because I don't
think that truth is as relative as all that. Maybe human beings are
very flexible. But is truth?