> I wonder what our Brazilian members think of this article:
> http://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2008/08/200881884358873790.html

>From the article:

"The US dollar is at its weakest level against the Brazilian real in
decades.

In 2004, every dollar sent home bought approximately four Brazilian
reais (R$).

Today one dollar fetches only about one real and 63 cents."
==
==

That makes it tougher for me because as a retired US gringo my
retirement income is in US dollars.

But yes, the economy is booming here. Interestingly Brazil is
currently energy independent using both gasoline from their oil wells
and ethanol from their sugar cane. They also recently discovered a
massive oil field off the coast that could make Brazil one of the
major oil exporters in the years to come.