Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Lenz -- Sex and Business Practices / Ethics
on 6/19/05 1:09 PM, Sal Sunshine at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I don't know, Rick, I could be all wet on this, but it sounds to me like you're almost suggesting putting someone in the stocks, figuratively speaking.  For once I agree with Sparaig, what goes on between adults in a *consensual* matter should stay there.

But are all adults created equal? Bill and Monica? Gurus in their mid-50’s and women in their early 20’s? Is it OK for men in positions of power and authority to use that power and authority to have relationships that would not occur if they were ordinary guys? Especially if those relationships conflict with their publicly-stated lifestyle (marriage – Bill, or monkhood – MMY)? Is it OK if those relationships compromise their ability to perform their jobs, or is that their business? On this last question, I’m inclined to say it’s their business, but it’s the right of those who elected them or follow them to react as they see fit.